This publication contains the following information:
- tabular positions of the sun, moon navigational planets and stars for use in the determination of position at sea from sextant observations.
- Times of sunrise, sunset, twilights, moonrise and moonset, phases of the moon and eclipses of the Sun and Moon.
- Interpolation and altitude correction tables, pole star tables and diagrams and notes for star and planet recognition.
- Standard times for most countries and the world are given.
- A concise set of sight reduction tables and sight reduction forms are also included.