The Offshore Vessel Management and Self Assessment (OVMSA) programme is a tool to help companies operating offshore vessels to assess, measure and improve their management systems.
These systems, outlined in this new and updated publication, encompasses all company activities, including technical, operational, personnel and Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE), both on board and ashore.
By aligning their own policies and procedures with the best practice detailed in this programme, companies can improve their performance and attain high standards of safety and pollution prevention.
This second edition has been updated to reflect current legislation, expectations and emerging issues, and reflects feedback from companies, industry bodies and users of OVMSA.
The 2019 edition contains thirteen elements:
· Leadership and the Safety Management System
· Recruitment and management of shore-based personnel
· Recruitment, management and wellbeing of vessel personnel
· Vessel reliability and maintenance, including critical equipment
· Navigational safety
· Offshore operations and the management of contractors
· Management of change
· Incident reporting, investigation and analysis
· Safety management
· Environmental and energy management
· Emergency preparedness and contingency planning
· Measurement, analysis and improvement
· Maritime security