(Single user Price $506)
call in store for multi-user pricing (02 9439 1133) or email email@example.com
CD: IMO Sales No. ZL200E – product activation required
The IMDG Code has undergone many changes over the years, in both format and content, in order to keep up with the rapid expansion of the shipping industry. Amendment 39-18 includes revisions to various sections of the Code and to transport requirements for specific substances. It was adopted by IMO’s Maritime Safety Committee (MSC) at its ninety-ninth session in May 2014.
The Code, as amended by Amendment 39-18, is mandatory as from 1 January 2020 but may be applied by Administrations in whole or in part on a voluntary basis from 1 January 2019.
The two-volume Code is divided into seven parts:
Volume 1 (parts 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 of the Code) contains sections on:
• general provisions, definitions and training
• packing and tank provisions
• consignment procedures
construction and testing of packaging’s, IBCs, large packaging’s, portable tanks, MEGCs and road tank vehicles
• transport operations
Volume 2 contains part 3 (Dangerous Goods List, special provisions and exceptions), appendices A and B (generic and N.O.S. Proper Shipping Names, and glossary of terms) and an index.
Features unique to the IMDG Code for Windows include:
• Search by substance or UN Number
• Multiple windows (MDI) for viewing multiple pages or substances
• Extensive cross-referencing
• On-screen colour displays of hazard labels, signs and marks
• Search by names in French and Spanish substance indexes
• Easy generation and saving of a Dangerous Goods Note
• Easy-to-use menus, on-screen user manual, as well as help screens
• Printing facility and downloading
• Single-user or network versions
• Includes the IMDG Code Supplement, 2018 Edition