A must-have book for walkers, sailors, anglers, swimmers, photographers, artists and everyone interested in the natural world, How To Read Water unlocks the hidden secrets of water. Natural Navigator Tristan Gooley shares knowledge, skills, tips and useful observations to help you enjoy the landscape around you.
You will learn:
- How to interpret ponds like a Polynesian
- How to spot dangerous water in the pitch black with the help of a clock face
- How to read the sea using Viking methods
- How to read rivers like an expert
- How to find your way with puddles
- How to decipher patterns on beaches
Includes over 700 Clues, Signs and Patterns
From wild swimming in Sussex to wayfinding off Oman, via the icy mysteries of the Arctic, Tristan Gooley draws on his own pioneering adventures to reveal the secrets of ponds, puddles, rivers, oceans and more, and gives you the skills to read water.