This 5th edition reflects a major review and enhancement of the 4th edition for the purpose of providing technical recommendations and guidance to ensure the satisfactory performance of elastomer reinforced, smooth bore, oil suction and discharge hose commonly used at offshore moorings.
The following are among the new or significantly changed topics that are included in this latest edition:
• The guidance for Reeling Hose Systems are addressed for the first time with particular attention being given to the potential for hoses being subjected to crush loading
• a commentary comparing the design and operating guidance of ‘oil’ hose and hose specifically designed for
LPG is included to assist operators when considering hose used in the offshore transfer of LPG
• the Safe Working Loads guidance for hose lifting lugs have been re-assessed based on the weights of Double Carcass Hoses equipped with typical fittings
• the design specification for Double Carcass Hoses has been clarified, together with the guidance for leak detection
• acceptance tests include new guidance for material tests and the process for stiffness testing has been revised
• the circumstances that prompt prototype tests have been clarified and new tests addressing materials, torsion, tensile loading, crushing and lifting lugs have been introduced into the prototype test programme.
This programme now also includes guidance for the dynamic testing of prototype hoses.
Metric units are used for all dimensions including nominal diameter and standard length
Hoses constructed and tested in accordance with recommendations and guidance in this Guide may be stamped ‘GMPHOM 2009’.
GMPHOM 2009 consolidates:
* Guide to Purchasing, Manufacturing and Testing of Loading and Discharge Hoses for Offshore Moorings 4th Ed (Publ 1991)
* SPM Hose System Design Commentary (Publ 1993)